With Facilitator & Coach, Kim Clarke, RTO7's Tourism Experience Development Specialist
Tourism Barrie, in partnership with RTO7 is offering an opportunity to participate in a one day training course to learn about experiential travel, what it is, and why it has value to our tourism operators and tourism industry partners. This is an opportunity to participate in an existing experience that a Barrie business is already conducting and to learn from and be introduced to new tools and templates to apply your learning to create new experiences for your own business. Integrating cuisine, the arts, nature and culture, this intensive training course is a “roll up your sleeves” workshop that practices experiential in all aspects of the workshop. This is not a seminar or a conference; it is “hands-on” training.The cost for this opportunity is only $25 per person for Tourism Barrie members or $45 for non-members, which includes workshop facilitator, workbook, lunch, hands on experience at a local business, bus transportation to and from experience.
You and your tourism related business should attend this experiential training to:
1. Take part in a community experience which will help you to understand the ingredients required to craft a successful experience for your own business. Canadian and regional examples of experiences, lessons from tourism operators, economic frameworks, presentations and multiple hands-on learning activities will be provided to learn about experiential travel.
2. Learn to use the Experience Planning template and the Tourism Experience Development Process to become familiar with the steps to crafting experiences. These tools will help inspire you to shift from current activities to becoming more experience based, or to create new experiences at your business.
3. Help change the way you think about experiences: what they are, how experiential tourism development can add value to your business and community, and how experiences relate to BruceGreySimcoe’s target consumers.
4. Learn how to take an existing product at your business and create a higher yield consumer experience for your ideal customers, which can add to your bottom line.
5. Become part of a community of experiential travel collaborators trained together, and support each other during and after the training.
This workshop is being offered right after the Tourism Barrie AGM.
Pre-registration is required. To register, click here
and submit payment using the attached writable PDF return to Diana Jacobs at the email address below.REGISTRATION & FEES REQUIRED BY WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26th, 2017